Sleek is an amazing high street brand and with the addition of their colour corrector palette, I am just so incredibly impressed. Yes palettes like these are not something new and they have been around for a while now, but whenever brand introduces one, I do love to find out whether or not it is a) any good and b) different to anything else I have used.
Colour correcting palettes can tackle pretty much any problem area you have from blemishes and dark circles to discolouration and would you believe it freckles, something which is too big a challenge for me to cover and a paper bag would be of more use. I use these palettes to either cover dark circles under my eyes, blemishes on my cheeks or the small scar I have on my forehead which you would never notice unless I pointed it out.
The colour correcting palette from Sleek houses six different shades which work as follows -
On the top line we have:
- Green to neutralise redness making it perfect for concealing scars and blemishes.
- Lilac to neutralise yellow areas, brightening sallow & dull complexions.
- Blue to neutralise orange which is perfect for freckles.
Then on the bottom line there is:
- Rose - which adds radiance and evens our dark spots.
- Yellow - which neutralises purple areas such as under eye areas for lighter skin tones.
- Orange - which neutralises blue which works best for dark circles on darker skin tones.
The texture of these colours is quite creamy and not as powdery as I was expecting it to be. I tend to apply under my eyes using my concealer brush and then finish by patting with my finger and I was surprised to find it didn't crease or make my look even more tired than I was. I always apply products like this over any creams I am wearing - serum, moisturising cream and often primer. Green and Lilac with a smattering of rose are the shades I have been using the most and I am happy with the coverage, especially with the redness on my cheeks. I love the inclusion of orange for darker skin tones, though it is the only shade I possibly won't use of the six.
This Sleek MakeUP Colour Corrector Palette launched on 29th July
and is priced at £7.99.
*this post contains PR samples unless indicated otherwise